- graduate from college
- read more books
- maybe go to grad school?
- see a whale (note: this was left over from 2014)
- be more gracious
- cook more
- move off campus (note: this is leftover from 2014 and is now a joke)
- breathe (note: in my journal this says 'Hahahaha' next to it)
So, I did a pretty good job. I graduated from college! Which is still hard to swallow sometimes. I did read more books. I read a lot of them for school, but I also read through part of the Divergent Series (I lost Allegiant, so I didn't finish it). I also reread some favorites: A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle and And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie. I didn't see a whale or start graduate school, but there's always 2016 for that. Here are some of my 2016 goals:
- actually start grad school
- still read more books
- see a whale (maybe 2016 will be the year)
- actually complete the #52ListsProject
- journal more
- go on 2 road trips
- blog more
- eat more Chinese food with friends
- decorate my apartment
- participate in National Service Week in April
- pet an otter
So the #2015bestnine thing was going around on Instagram and I checked it out. It picked the photos of mine with the most likes and generated a collage out of them. As much as I loved those memories, they weren't my best nine moments of the year. So, I made my own:
- Aaron Gillespie came to the Bean, plus it was spring break, so we had to take a picture of the OG LifeGroup Crew.
- This is a picture of the cabin from "The Arkansas Trip" also known as "The Hiking Trip" and "The Trip of Which We Do Not Speak". Stories still vary on what happened during that weekend, but I'm thankful it happened. Every friend group needs a road trip where you all just fall apart at the seams. It made for an incredibly funny (after the fact) story.
- Silver Dollar City with my best friends. I've made so many memories with these three, they're my best friends and my family.
- It's really unusual to have a girlfriend group of 8 girls. But we make it work with group texts and Facebook messaging.
- My family at my graduation. Need I even say #squadgoals?
- I stared at this picture of my desk all summer, missing my group from HOBY ILCS 2015, missing my HOBY family, and counting down to seeing them again.
- The Beasley Hall staff went to Silver Dollar City to see Santa, and the lights, and ride some roller coasters. It was a magical night.
- Beasley Hall at the 2015 Homecoming parade.
- #Camptreat2015 was an adventure I will not soon forget. Who's bright idea was it to take some kids into the wilderness for a weekend? (Mine.) They loved every minute, I loved about half of them. It was one of the best weekends I've had in a long time, and definitely one of the funniest.
I'm also including some of my favorite jams from 2015. This isn't an exhaustive list of all the songs I listened to. To be honest, this playlist is missing a lot of Beyonce, Taylor Swift, and NeedtoBreathe, but these are the highlights. Caution: Not all of these songs came out in 2015, less than half. But these are representative of all my best memories from the year. I dare you to make it through the whole playlist without dancing along.
Special shout out to Beka Todd for the FLETCHER love, Ashley Pyeatt for trying to tell my about Johnnyswim when I didn't listen to you in the car in Nashville, and Leslie Knope for having Gloria Estefan as your first campaign song.
Note: Gotta Go My Own Way is on here because of that a cappella video with that little boy. I searched online for like 30 minutes trying to find the full version with no success.
2016 is right around the corner! Get ready, friends! It's going to be good.